Friday, January 11, 2013

Photo Dump

Happy Friday, all. Thought I would take this opportunity to dump some photos from my phone. I'm still feeling crappy from this stupid cold (and no, I don't have the flu, thank God), so I don't feel like doing anything that requires much thought. Thus, photos of stuff I've found around town lately or am loving.

First, a little update. Remember this pair of loveseats I found at the Habitat for Humanity store a while back?
I was so enamored with them, I did a little design board for a fictional client. Anyhoo, the very real Kayce Hughes saw the post and decided she needed them in her new Nashville shop . . . 
Isn't that cool?? I was in there back before Christmas doing a little shopping and snapped this quick pic with my phone. I was reminded of it today because Style Blueprint did a post about her new shop, including a little Q&A with her. I run into Kayce occasionally at estate sales and the flea market and she is always super sweet. I love the vintage, preppy chic vibe she has going on with her clothing line and new shop. Kudos, Kayce!

Next up, some finds around town . . .
This vintage set of cups and saucers were so cool and very on trend with the geometric shapes and black, white and gold detailing. In the wrong setting, they could easily go all Alice in Wonderland, but in the right setting, they would be oh so chic.

The same consignment shop had this great black lacquered bamboo table. Who doesn't need one of these??

And elsewhere . . .
I found these Nefertiti bookends for a client a while back and we almost pulled the trigger on them, but went a different direction with another set I found at an estate sale. I still love these though. I'm so into Egyptian stuff right now for some reason. I have about five sets of bookends, but can always use more, right?

In the same mall was this huge, vintage B-movie poster. Okay, so this could be kind of kitschy but how fun and colorful? I see it on a dark wall in an office or study. So dramatic. 

And speaking of colorful, I kept running across primary colored goodies . . . 
This cobalt blue table has a great shape and would make a statement for sure. Although, I think you would have to do something with the top as it appears to be covered with wrapping paper. A piece of protective glass or different covering might be in order, but it's a good start.

A piece of Asian rooster art. I've seen a lot of Asian art and a lot of French Provincial rooster stuff (heaven help me), but not a lot of Asian rooster art. I thought it was different.

My phone didn't capture the color of this chair very well, but it's a really pretty poppy red velvet (in very good condition, I might add). And it's a great smaller scale wingback that would work in a variety of rooms. Stick a vibrant, ikat pillow on it and call it a day. 

And some other random stuff on my phone . . .
As I sit in my sick bed and write this, I'm loving my new Judith Bright RockStar Nest ring (a little something I found in my stocking this year - thanks, Santa!). It makes me feel glamorous even when I'm ill (please don't mind my dry, red hands). Judith Bright has her flagship store in Nashville, but you can order online.

And lastly, if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you may have already seen this but I have to share it again as it's so cute and makes me laugh . . . 
My little Yosemite Sam modeled his prodigious stache for me during our sick day together yesterday. He "bought" this accessory at one of those arcade places where you earn tickets by playing games then cash them in for prizes. This sucker was something like 600+ tickets, and he zeroed in on it as the item of his dreams when we first walked in. I told him not to get this hopes up (as we usually only earn about 100 tickets at best), but he hit the jackpot on one game winning over 1,000 tickets . . . he was so excited you would've thought he'd won the lottery. The giant red moustache was all his, and he was thrilled!

A wonderful weekend to you all and may giant moustaches come your way (or whatever makes you happy)!

11 comments:

Leah said...

great to see those sofas in a cool environment! your ring is gorgeous. feel better soon!

bluehydrangea said...

So much good stuff in one post! Love seeing the love seats in Kayce's fabulous store!! The nest ring is amazing!! And I am loving the giant moustache!!

A Perfect Gray said...

that lil guy is so darn cute.

kayce's shop looks great with those sofas...

Sadie + Stella said...

That red chair is SLAYING ME!! OMG!

kayce hughes said...

Love the couches and love seeing you around town....but I know that I am in trouble if I see you leaving the estate sale that I am headed into!
xokc

Tiffany Leigh said...

I just adore those couches. Glad to see they found such a chic new home!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Great finds. I adore Kayce Hughes too and that red chair is gorgeous! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Love the tea cups I'm doing a stool in that similar pattern. You hitting the flea this month? I think I might since I'm looking for some sconces. Let me know of you do! Feel better soon.

Melissa Crochet said...

Girl...I need that chair and the ring in my life. Where is the chair?

SHERRY HART said...

It sucks to be sick.....but you managed to show us some good stuff anyway.....love your new ring :)

Unknown said...

Great finds you have here! I particularly loved that center table. Very vintage and old school!-Patrick Tan