Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Window Shopping

I got the chance to hit a local antique mall yesterday and peruse at my leisure. One directive from my husband, "Don't buy anything." Fair enough. Looking is free and sometimes just as fun. I got lots of great ideas.

Some of my finds . . .
 This alabaster flower and gilt lamp reminded me of a much grander version featured in Melissa Warner's apartment in House Beautiful:


But I digress, back to the shopping.
Loved the color of this orange Florentine waste basket.

Lots of Imari and other orange and blue pieces. Loving this color combination. It just screams fall to me.

This campaign-style desk would look great behind my sofa.

Great colors in this Asian watercolor. Hard to tell from my stellar photography but there are vivid greens, oranges and a faint lilac including the matting.

I realize I have a chair addiction.

A nice fall display.

Saw lots of brass lamps.

Some great art. Of course of a woman.

A porthole mirror. Who doesn't need one of these?

These awesome brass jack bookends. How cool are these?


Needlepoint horse art. Enough said. I literally fell over taking this photo. A wee might embarrassing.


Loved this black globe with the chrome base. Would look great anywhere but especially in my son's room.

This weathered table would be great as an island or a desk in my son's room. Do you see a theme here?

And I did buy something despite my husband's directive. . . 
These two old issues of Vogue Living Australia. They were the best deal of the day - $1 for 2 issues and hours of reading enjoyment. Sometimes it takes very little to make me happy.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Fun! I have a chair addiction too. I think we had a black globe like that growing up.

I love the idea of that table as a kitchen island. And I spy a cute little owl pillow next to your brass lamp.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Cute post. I think you need to launch a career as a personal shopper specializing in home decor. You always find THE BEST STUFF!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

i think i need that port hole mirror!

A Perfect Gray said...

some wonderful stuff. and you kept your promise not to buy anything?

Julie Holloway said...

don't you love getting magazines at antique stores!! I love this post...felt like I was hanging there with ya. Those bookends and that globe are my faves!

CRICKET said...

Can you share the store - I just moved to Franklin and love antiquing!

SHERRY HART said...

WOW...some really great stuff! It is SO hard to look and not buy isn't it?

Unknown said...

I totally would have been happy with the $1 spent finds too.. but my gosh, you did see some amazing pieces! xo