Thursday, May 15, 2014

Blogworthy

For all of you Seinfeld fans, the Blogworthy title doesn't need to be explained. For everyone else, you can watch this clip.
While I'm not hoarding blog content like Elaine is hoarding contraceptives, I feel like nothing really "blogworthy" is happening right now.  I'm not sure the reason for this. Sure, I've been busy, but everybody is. Part of the reason is that I've been reevaluating my technology usage lately and realizing that I would rather spend my time with my family and, in general, just being a more productive person. While I've been busy working with clients, nothing is a great before and after moment worth sharing or photographing. Working on my own home always grinds to a halt when I'm busy elsewhere, so nothing new to report on that front (naked dining room floors are still naked). Elsewhere, my kids are busy growing and thriving and finishing up 6th and 2nd grades respectively (I can't believe they are 12 and 9).

Blogging has never been my job . . . I don't get paid or have advertising on it. It's always been a hobby at best, but one that I've loved. Getting to connect with people near and far is amazing. It's true that blogging is a little community, and I've been honored and blessed to meet many blog friends both online and in the real world (and it's weird how much people are truly reflected in their blogs - they are just as funny and sweet and charming in person). So, what am I trying to say? Am I quitting blogging? Not really. I still want to be able to share projects and/or finds/ideas with you when I feel something is worth sharing. I feel that the blogging world is getting a little cynical (we've all read the vitriol over at Get Off My Internets), and I feel like if I don't have anything earth-shattering to share, it's not really worth anyone's time. So please know that I will occasionally pop in when the time/content is right. In the meantime, you can find me on Instagram posting away!


13 comments:

Andrea said...

I hear you. Kind of feeling the same way. Don't really want to give it up, but I'm sure not devoting the time to it that I used to. I love seeing what you're up to when you do post.

bluehydrangea said...

I get it!! Just hoping you pop in more often than not!!

A Perfect Gray said...

just thinking of you today!

Fran said...

I know what you mean. I get overwhelmed/underwhelmed so many times. I think lately I'm treating my blog as sorta like instagram - just posting 'little updates' here and there.

Calypso In The Country said...

Totally understand. Real life gets in the way - and is much more important anyway! I hope you will continue to post - at least every now and then...and thanks for starting my day with a Seinfeld reference...huge fan here!
-Shelley

Kimberly Lemmon said...

I know what you mean - and I think lots of bloggers feel that way. Pretty sure Instagram is playing a major role in this shift. Hope you don't give it up completely - I always look forward to seeing a post from you!

xo
Kim

erin williamson said...

Hi, me. I wish someone paid me to be entertaining, but it ain't so. And my family misses me. And I work a lot. It's hard to justify blogging sometimes.

Dang, what's going on at GOMI? Guess I need to catch up.

MFAMB said...

yep.

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Ditto yep!

John Smith said...

Share these videos with as many people as you can. They must go viral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQLlZoyphsc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkGZvC0z4I

It is time we started fighting for true equality as opposed to one of the false notions of it put forth by the intellectually dishonest.

Lisa McGough said...

I have been feeling the same. My friends are amazed at just how long it takes to put together a blog post. At times I forget that blogging isn't my real job and feel guilty. However, nothing will get in the way of enjoying every second I can with my girls. See you on Instagram!

John Smith said...

Please watch this video, it changed the way I see gender issues and feminism:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZgr6939MPU
If you liked it then vote it up on reddit because more people need to see this.
http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/29idzq/was_feminism_ever_a_good_thing_a_speech_by_karen/

Natsu Uaganda said...

Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
AllTimeProfit.com