Thursday, April 29, 2010

Attention, Shoppers

Today I had the luxury of spending some time with one of my best friends, Arrione, who recently moved back to town. Did we have lunch at a fabulous restaurant then hit a boutique for some shopping? Not exactly. We ate Chick-fil-A in the car while her baby napped in his car seat, then we hit Target. But we didn't care - we were together and having fun.

Now, like most trips to Target, this one started with the mundane - socks for my daughter, a rug pad and paper plates. Somehow, I came home with much more. The dreaded Target effect.


First of all, I had to see if "her" Target (in an outlying suburb) had more of the Cynthia Vincent sandals. It did. Oh, happy day. I grabbed two pair. Arrione grabbed the same two pair (luckily we don't wear the same size; she has normal size feet whereas mine are huge).
I loved this yellow pair. They fit pretty well and are comfy to boot. The next pair, I think I might have to return.
These are super cute, but they're a half size too big and once I got home and walked around in them I realized they're not gonna work. Bummer.
 
Next, we hit the clothing department, and I found this cute tunic . . . 
Don't mind the mess behind me in my bedroom. And I would wear this with white jeans, not the cargo pants I just happened to have on.

And last, we had to make a quick stop in the jewelry department. I can't remember the last time I bought jewelry at Target, but there was some really cute stuff. I ended up choosing this . . .
Okay, so this isn't the best shot. Sorry. But basically, the white things are pearls. Kind of edgy for me, but Arrione talked me into it. In fact, she talked me into everything. It's all her fault. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Friends + shopping = bliss. Hope you had a great Thursday too!

12 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

Great finds... I mya try to gt to Target today. I think I need some of those sandals and that cute tunic!!

style chronicle said...

Target will get you like that. Great finds!!

Susan said...

Love the shoes! Haven't had a chance to look at shoes lately. The kids always say, "Mom, it's not on the list." BTW - your feet look like mom's :)

Karen said...

I love the yellow ones and your toes look cute too!

Pam Petty said...

Strange thing - yesterday I was reading another blog and found Target jewelry online and it is very very similar to Stella and Dot. Check it out.

Haven and Home said...

A good day of Target shopping, I love it!

A Perfect Gray said...

great sandals!

Unknown said...

I got a fabulous necklace at Target in December, wear it all the time, they do have some cute jewelry! Love the sandals and tunic, great finds!

Haven and Home said...

Just checking in to make sure you are okay! My parents have been keeping me in the Nashville loop and I have been thinking about everyone up there.

rikshaw design said...

i was desperately trying to get those yellow shoes but they didn't have my size! jealous!!!

My Interior Life said...

Thanks, everyone! Yes, Target will suck you in. And Marianne, thanks for checking on me. We are very fortunate that our house was untouched my the flood. Unfortunately, many in the Nashville/Franklin area were not so lucky. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Kim said...

Love yellow sandals! And that necklace is fun. Just blogged about needing to accessorize more. We seem to be on the same wavelength. :)

Thanks for the info on Circa Who. Have you actually been there? I would LOVE to get in there and browse around. Probably a good thing it's not local. It would be d.a.n.g.e.r.o.u.s.