Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finds

I just couldn't take it. I had to go back and grab one of the treasures I left at the antique mall last Thursday. Some of you may remember the brass peacock?

He has a new home . . . 
I'm not sure where he'll end up, but for now he's happy. I'm happy too because he was 25% off! 

While I was there I also got these hobnail candlestick holders for 50% off.

Over the weekend, I went to a Designer Tag Sale at the Sohr residence that I read about on Kayce Hughes blog. I didn't get much (lots of stuff had big SOLD signs already attached), but did manage to grab a white porcelain lamp (like I don't have enough), a vintage gold handbag with bamboo closure and a brand new make-up bag - all for about $35. The Sohrs have amazing style (their homes have been featured in Domino, Better Homes & Gardens and more recently Cookie), and they could not have been nicer or more accommodating as people ransacked their home trying to snag their stylish goods. 

Here are my finds from their house:


And lastly, if you live in the Atlanta area (or know of someone who does), there's a great trunk show coming your way that you should check out.
I know Elizabeth Trabue of Trabeautiful Designs from our stint teaching Sunday School together (well, I'm not sure we actually taught the 3-year-olds in our care much - it was more like herding cats). She's extremely talented and her stationery is so elegant, I highly suggest you get some. I met her friend Carol Fails of All Strung Out Designs at one of their Nashville trunk shows. Last fall, I purchased one of the coolest bracelets I've ever owned from ASOD as an early Christmas present. Carol lets you choose from an assortment of vintage pins she's acquired and then attaches it to a horn cuff for a one-of-a-kind piece. Very chic.
I get so many compliments on this bracelet. It's one of my favorite pieces of jewelry and seems to go with most anything. If you can't make it to the trunk show, check out her website for some beautiful pieces and let me know which is your favorite.


5 comments:

pam Petty said...

I still covet that cuff. I need to get one... sigh....

bluehydrangea said...

I so wish I could have gone to the sale at the Sohr's!! I wold love to soak up some of their style! Love the peacock and the cuff!! I am a sucker for big bracelets.

Anonymous said...

The peacock is so cute and I love the gold clutch. I'm doing a giveaway of jewelry much like ASOD--semi precious gemstone or Freshwater pearls with or without vintage pins. Check it out. monkeygrasshill.blogspot.com

LindsB said...

Mr Peacock is so cute- what a great buy!

kayce hughes said...

So glad that you went to the sale! Love your finds. I also have a vintage cuff from ASOD it one of my favorite pieces of jewelry.