Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Update

Bri and I met up at our antique booth this morning to add some things and rearrange. Here's what the booth looks like now . . .
I caught Bri's reflection in the mirror. She hates getting her photo taken so this is about all you'll ever see of her.
We haven't sold a lot yet, just a few things here and there. There are so many great finds, I keep thinking if stuff doesn't sell, I'll just take it home. But then, I watch hoarders and try to get a grip. That show scares me to my very core. So, if you're in the Nashville area, drop by our booth at the Downtown Antique Mall . . . and save me from being a hoarder. Thank you.

In other news, my son might have a future in art.
His pre-K just hosted an Eric Carle exhibit and each student had to replicate the cover of one of Carle's books. I think he did a mighty fine job. Of course, I'm biased. So, illustrator could be on the list of future occupations. Although, when asked about his career aspirations, his first answer is still "scanner at Target." You gotta aim high I always say!

17 comments:

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

First off your son did an awesome job on that book cover, I hope he goes artist route instead of target scanner. Second don't ever let him wear that Mario shirt around my kid or its gone! Just like that, off his back. Destroyer=die hard mario lunatic.

That pagoda mirror looks mighty fine!

Raina Cox said...

Given our kids are the same age and mine can only manage smiley faces, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you've got a Rembrandt on your hands.

birdsofafeatherdesign.com said...

hmmmm... maybe you can come to our barn sale and bring me that mirror! must...have ...mirror...I love it! It would not be a detour, more like a delivery. And tell your son- GREAT JOB! love his art! -Ann

Icchic said...

Just think, Kathy...a Target family discount! =)

Emily | Recently said...

Why are there no booths like yours at my local antique malls?? Just miles and miles of poorly painted furniture. *sigh*

A Perfect Gray said...

isn't having a space really fun? enjoy it!

ModFruGal said...

Looks great....my booth desperately needs an overhaul...hopefully there will be time soon! Very impressed with your artist!

nelya said...

Your Artiste is one talented curly-haired cookie. I am super impressed!

bluehydrangea said...

Little man is adorable!! And his artwork is fabulous!! Speaking of fabulous your booth looks great!! what is the abstract artwork that is hanging on the unpainted wall? I love the colors.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I wish I lived closer to check out your booth. I'm sure I'd find plenty to take of your hands and prevent you from showing up on next week's episode of Hoarders.

erin@designcrisis said...

First of all, your kid drew that? Holy $hit!!!

Second, why are you not closer to me? I'm dying for that square abstract number...

Kim said...

Oh, his book cover is fabulous! Is it made in bits of tissue paper? It really is gorgeous!

And your booth is looking good, my friend! How is business?

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Love your booth! I think it would be so much fun to have a little space that I could call my own.

Your son is adorable and that artwork! I can't believe his is only in pre-k! Of course, you're biased, but your his mom, that's your job!

Lori
www.lorimayinteriors.com/blog

SHERRY HART said...

Well...if I drive up to Nashville I will buy everything and then I can be the hoarder...you have some great things...seriously!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Your booth is looking great. Love that mirror! Give it time, spread the word and smart people will snatch up those goodies!

Have a great weekend, Kathy! Hope you get some good mother's day gifts :)

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Hi Kathy,

Love that pagoda mirror! Your booth looks great...I am in Nashville too and have a booth in Gas Lamp Antiques...small world!! Take care, Caroline

Hilary Dow Ward said...

Hey - just curious about the price of a couple items in your booth! The elephant stool and your giant gold mirror. I live in memphis - do you ship? Thanks, Hilary
Http://hilarydowward.blogspot.com