Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm Feeling Blue

Oh, no, not sad. Just blue. Like this . . .
Or maybe this . . . 
You see, I finally bought the Champion Cobalt on Sunday and started painting my dining room . . .
My husband made me do this. Yes, I'm wearing pajama bottoms at 5 p.m. at night. So what?
and I've been covered in blue paint for the past three days. It is seriously about the color of a Blue Man. I wonder if their shade is Champion Cobalt as well? I could join their group.
Child labor is okay, right? They only painted for about 10 minutes so it wasn't too taxing.
I swear my dining table is not red.
After one coat, it looked like a bad denim faux finish. Then it became obvious it would take three coats. Luckily, it's a very small room with only three walls (open floorplan). I still have to finish the trim area around the top and the vent. I hate that stupid vent in the middle of the wall. The people who used to live here painted it the wall color initially so we've just kept doing that. It actually does blend in better than a white vent or one of those fancy vents. Plus, you know I camouflage it with furniture as I'm apt to do. "What? There's a vent there? No, no, you must be mistaken." Deny, deny, deny.
I see you brown column. Your day is coming soon!
Here's a sneak peak of the finished wall with the mirror up. I'll do a final reveal once I'm totally done and have all the furniture/accessories back in. I really like it now, but can't wait to see it all done!

Don't forget to enter my Shabby Apple giveaway!

12 comments:

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I like......a lot. Then again blue is my favorite color.

Karena said...

Kathy, wow I love it!! Of course I have a peacock blue in my entry and office.

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Come and enter my New Giveaway!

Ashley said...

AH! You are such a tease, Kathy! I need to see more!

a perfect gray said...

looking forward to it! donna

Raina Cox said...

Oh mah Lawd! I'm crazypants in love with this color.

bluehydrangea said...

Kathy!!
It looks great!! Oh I wish I was as brave as you!! You know I have been dying to paint my living room blue!! Of course then I would have to recover all my furniture..I'll just enjoy your fabulous blue dining room!!

nelya said...

You keep parading that gorgeous mirror in front of our noses on purpose, huh? Trying to make us (me) jealous, huh?

Well, it's working. The room looks delicious...to quote a million dollar butthole. Great choice!

My Many Moments said...

Wow! That blue is amazing! So crisp. Can't wait to see more more more!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

If I could only dive into those walls. Don't you love it when kids paint!?

SHERRY HART said...

Kathy...I am dying...it is fabulous! I am so glad you did it!

Caterine said...

Such a great color!!! I'm starting on my this weekend, (cross my fingers!) Lovely job.

Caterine

Sam said...

It is very informative and quality content, I ever read in my life. Thanks for sharing this content.
Sofa Beds New Zealand