Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In the Spirit

I'm barely treading water over here. The holidays can be brutal but I'm trying to get it all done. My Christmas cards are just going out today, I've still got a couple of gifts to get and a few more to wrap, and my kids are out of school at noon today for the Winter Break. Yikes. As I mentioned, we hosted our supper club on Friday night so I did some speed decorating around here. I snapped a few photos this morning of our holiday decor . . .
These are my favorite new little decorations. I got this pack of three ornaments at TJ Maxx for $5. I just snipped the ornament string off and am using them as table decor.

They're sort of across between a star and sea urchin. Very Kelly Wearstler, I think.

Just threw a garland and some greenery and poinsettias up there with some candles and owls. Those are $1 stockings with glitter names for our pets that my children made. They're so proud.

Some people have a manger, I have a big yellow lamp. Kind of like a star, right?

Added some glitter and white pine cones and some sparkly deer to my usual dining room decor.

More greenery and another boxwood wreath to hold our Christmas cards. I love getting cards.

Breakfast area. Light and airy.

A little holiday on my coffee table.

A golden berry wreath and some more sparkly deer. My dining room is all "Silver and Gold" as Burl Ives sang.
My kids and I also hit this holiday tradition on Sunday, and it really got me in the spirit . . . 
Whatever holiday you're celebrating, I hope it is filled with wonderful and happy memories!

Check back later in the week for the reveal of my newly upholstered pieces . . .

12 comments:

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

love all your decor -- especially the wreath with christmas cards!

Ashley said...

Looking gorgeous, Kathy. And I'm sure you could keep the TJ Maxx ornaments out all year in a bowl or whatnot.

nelya said...

It looks beautiful...festive and lovely! Happiest of holidays to you and your gorgeous bunch!

xo-nelya

p.s.- I am still not over the juxtaposition of your gorgeous chinoiserie mirror against that fabulous blue wall!

bluehydrangea said...

Love all your decorations but those Kelly W. sea urchin/star are the absolute best!!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Hope y'all have a great Christmas Kathy! I'm not one to get festive but somehow this year all I wanna do is make my house all christmasy and stuff.

Emily | Recently said...

Beautiful Kathy! I love the star/sea urchin thingys, and what a great idea to use on the table instead of the tree. KW would be proud! :)

Kim said...

OMG!!! PLEASE look in your program to see if you see "Emily Brennan" in there. She danced at BB's studio, but graduated a year early to join the Nashville Ballet!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE watching her dance. I miss her.

PS...yellow lamp/star. Totally the same. Also loving your sea urchins and wreath on the white mirror.

alison giese Interiors said...

Looks incredible! Can I come over for dinner, just to be able to sit in your amazing dining room? :)

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

gorgeous! Good luck getting through it all. I still have two DIY presents to make. eek!

The dining room looks particularly fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely! Best wishes for a very Happy Holiday Season!!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Gotta love tjmaxx. The sea urchins are so Kelly wearstler.

SHERRY HART said...

Looks pretty swell for throwing it all together in a "snap"....Very festive.