Monday, January 16, 2012

Color Me Happy

It's no secret I'm a big fan of color. So, when I got this in the mail, it made me extremely happy . . .
It's the mailer for the 2012 Antiques and Garden Show of Nashville. While it's always a don't-miss event for me with wonderful events and lectures, I audibly gasped when I spied the first speaker this year on the back of the card . . .
That's right - none other than Mr. Color himself, Miles Redd! Must. Get. Ticket. Immediately. He is undoubtedly one of my favorite designers. Although his brazen use of color is not for everyone, his spaces are always inspiring. While we can't all lacquer our walls in a saturated hue (although I'm trying my best to emulate the Hague Blue walls below - stay tuned), by following Mile's lead we can surely summon up the courage to at least splash a little color around our rooms. So, in honor of Mr. Redd's journey to Nashville in February, here's a small retrospective of his colorful rooms on this dreary, gray January day.












There . . . don't you feel better now? I know I do. By the way, after I pinned all these images my email blew up with Pinterest notifications, so I know I'm not alone in my love of color. If you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, just click here.

11 comments:

nelya said...

So awesome. He is a master.

Now stop teasing us with your Hague walls! Sneak peek???

heather (love your space) said...

one of my absolute favorites! I'm a color gal, and he is hugely inspirational. Have fun at this event!

Dayka Robinson said...

wow--now that's something i wouldn't mind venturing up to nashville for. if you make it, i hope you'll give us a full recap on the blog!

dayka

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Miles Red!! Lucky you. Snap a picture ;)

sidra khan said...

Good job man! interior painting Seattle

Ashley said...

So freaking awesome. Be sure to take lots and lots of pictures with Mr. Redd!

Hannah said...

Um amazing! So jealous of you.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

MFAMB said...

where is this and can i come?

Erin said...

DOOD. Why does Nashville always get the glory?

Hello Miles Redd, please come to Austin!!!

mb said...

Lucky you. Really. What a treat. He is one of my all time favorite designers.
mb from big d

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Ok Kathy we need to seriously organize our schedules for this event!!! Have you bought your tickets yet? Oh and by the way.......it's me Brandy aka Chateau A GoGo.