Monday, January 9, 2012

My Husband Went to Nepal, and All I Got . . .

was this fabulous wool and silk rug . . .
It was hand woven by a Tibetan woman in Nepal. He even got to meet the woman who made it and took her photo (he hasn't forwarded me any of his photos yet, so I'll share those later). My only wish is that it was bigger because it's so pretty . . . such a unique pattern and vibrant mustard yellow.

He also brought home some cute little boxes that I'm now displaying with my new malachite box that he got me for Christmas. 
Oh, yes, I've got a real malachite box now and it makes me so happy every time I look at it. The beautiful vivid green is hard to capture, but trust me, it's a stunner. What a good husband I have!
And the Sister Parish book was also a Christmas gift. Love it. I'll have to share more about that in another post. I'm off to help my friend Arrione pick out paint colors. Have a happy Monday!

8 comments:

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Sooo cool! Thats a one of kind rug there Kathy!

Hope yall a had a great New Years! Hugs!

Interior Design Musings said...

That box rocks!!! Totally loving it and wishing I had put one on my Christmas list. M.

Interior Designer said...

Wow! That rug is rare and lovely. I envy you. Not everybody can just travel to Nepal. Thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

Your husband needs to give my husband some lessons!

bluehydrangea said...

so good!! Now I want a treat!!

Kendall said...

The boxes are beautiful! I love when things are in collections like that!

Ashley said...

Okay, seriously, how design savvy is your hubby? Btw, I'm so jealous of your Sister Parish book--it's on my Amazon wishlist!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

awesome gifts!