Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lady's Retreat

I visited my friend Arrione's new house on Monday, and she's got lots of great space. Especially exciting is that she has a room she can call her own - away from the toys of her two young sons and the electronics of her husband. I thought it should be a retreat . . . a place she can be girly and scrapbook. She mentioned purple/lavender for the walls, so that immediately got my wheels turning. Here are some inspiration photos followed by a mood board I mocked up for her . . .




And my mood board . . .
Lady's Retreat Olioboard




























I picked Benjamin Moore's lily lavender for the walls. It will contrast nicely with the iron daybed and mint green toile wing back chair she already has. I'm pretty sure in her mother's stash of furniture (she's a designer and antique purveyor), there's got to be a dainty French-style desk. Just add a fun rug, some crisp white bedding with pops of color in the throw pillows, a faux fur throw to snuggle up with, a mercury glass lamp, a white ceramic garden seat, a gorgeous mirror, a lucite desk chair and an abstract painting to pull it all together. Voila - a retreat any busy mother other could escape to . . . even if it's just for a few minutes.

I hope you've had fun daydreaming about this retreat . . . I know I have.

12 comments:

Ann@Glamourshoes said...

I love the top photo so much! It seems everyone in my family but me has a room of their own. Hmm?

bluehydrangea said...

Me too! Me too!! I want one and I love the concept you came up with!!

Interior Design Musings said...

ok, that's totally good! Love the combination, the mirror that artwork and the lavender. M.

Melissa Crochet said...

The minute my son moves out I am getting me one of those! Great job.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Oooh! I want a room like this :)
Terrific inspiration and mood board. I hope she follows through with it so we can see it in real life!

Kendall said...

That's a lovely idea to have a space dedicated just to her. Great mood board!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

love it! That rug is delish. great color pallet.

Emily | Recently said...

One word- AWESOME! You are crazy good at mixing colors and patterns, which I'm incredibly jealous of because I'm horrible at it! This is a fabulous room!!!

designchic said...

I am loving all of the lavender, but I am totally obsessed with the gold cocktail table in the second image...fabulous!!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Hi Kathy! This is a space is a winner in so many ways. I am still having lavender moments myself - and I just love how you combined it with mint green!

nelya said...

So pretty! I love the lavender and green of the rug paired together.

arrielle_p said...

Lovely those pillows. I think this design fit for my new condo at living room. :)
condo in Philippines