Thursday, January 26, 2012

In the Pink

It has been one of those weeks. I feel like I was busy and running around, but don't have anything to show for it. Do you ever have those weeks? And now it's Thursday night. Where does the time go? Before the week escapes me totally, I wanted to share my newly upholstered Milo Baughman-esque chair.
Yes, it is pink. I'm calling it raspberry. Here's a reminder of what it looked like before in all its 70's glory . . . 
I love the shape and lines of this chair and really needed a colorful pop of color in my house, so I got inspired by the colors in my rug . . . 
and this photo my husband took in China which I'm going to have blown up and put in the corner above the chair.

Here's a close up of the fabric. It's got a subtle herringbone pattern . . . 
I threw my velvet pillow from World Market on it just to experiment. 
I'll share more photos once I get the photo on the wall and a side table/some accessories. It's a little lonely right now. 

I'm so excited to hit the flea market tomorrow with some equally design-obsessed friends. Hopefully I'll find some goodies to share. Until then . . .

17 comments:

Fran said...

Kathy, I LOVE your chair and the fabric you chose is too awesome for words. I want to have 2 of these chairs for our future living room and now you have me thinking about a pinkish fabric. Gosh this is so good. Would you mind sharing your fabric source? Happy Weekend!

ModFruGal said...

Looks great!!!! Can't wait to catch up and flea it up!

Ashley said...

Damn, I am totally in love. It is a good thing I don't live closer because I might sneak into your home and snatch this from you if I lived in TN. Does this mean a full living room tour is in store for us soon?

Have lots and lots of fun at the flea market, my dear!

heather (love your space) said...

LOVE! I'm having a love affair with all things raspberry (especially paired with peacock, cobalt, or teal), so this just hit the spot.

Leah said...

chair=awesome! can't get enough pink!

Sam said...

Great improvement! I love the richness of the color and it looks so soft. I finally finished my Milo-esque chair makeover too.

http://leavethenestuptome.blogspot.com/2012/01/signs-of-improvement.html

megan james said...

SWOON.

Kim said...

oooh. ooh. PINK! I love pink! And I love the texture in this too. I can see lots of cool portraits being taken in that chair. The way the lines of the arms draw you in would photograph so well!

Great makeover!

Full House said...

I always have those kind of weeks. In fact I can't even think of one thing note-able that I accomplished this week.

I LOVE that pink chair and can we discuss that rug.

Have a great weekend!

xx - Christina

The Perfect Piece said...

Awesome! I think that chair wanted to be pink all her life and you just made her dreams come true. We have one of those delicious parsons-esque chairs hanging out at minty and now I am soooo tempted to bring that baby home.

By the way, I think I already mentioned this, but that photograph is so glorious and your husband has such an amazing eye. I think it will be sublime paired with your beautifully made-over chair.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Hot!! Love it with the rug. Love it in general. Yay for raspberry.

Erin said...

Cost cost pleasssse! I have so many upholstery ideas, but no idea how much they will cost.

Emily | Recently said...

Yay! You know I don't even have to say it, but I LOVE it. Perfect choice in fabric!

Danika Herrick said...

I need to visit your neck of the woods. That is one damn fine chair lady!

Tobe | BIA said...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!??! I am drooling over every post! Especially this one because I have 3 of these chairs. Can we discuss how much it cost ya? I'm scared to ask, but I have to know.....

Also, your dining room color is sic sic sic. I have similar swatches up for mine, but I'm going to need that exact swatch. Gorge.

Okay, enough now. Following. ox

dulce said...

omigoodness! I am so covetting these chairs, I thought thought they coggin chairs but what ev- iam not am an expert. love the new fabric! aw, pink

d said...

Love it! Would it be gauche to ask how much you paid to have it reupholstered (sans fabric)? I found a similar chair and am curious as to how much it might be to have it reupholstered. Thanks!