Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Arm Candy

I'm taking a little detour from interior design today to share a great bracelet DIY I recently ran across on another blog. I know, crazy - I like to live on the edge. I apologize if you've seen this before . . . sometimes I feel like I'm the last to know things. It's a do-it-yourself Chan Luu-style bracelet. Surely, you're familiar with the Chan Luu wrap bracelets sported by celebrities and just cool people in general . . .

Very cute, right? Most of them are in the $245 range, so not exactly cheap.

Never fear, here are the DIY versions . . . 
Go check out the entire tutorial here. It sounds pretty simple (famous last words). I think I'm going to give it a whirl. I'll let you know how it turns out. Would you give it a shot?

12 comments:

Katie Waddell said...

Love these!! Forever21 has a bunch of new bracelets like this right now...just saw them yesterday!
http://www.forever21.com/category.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=acc_bracelet&page=2&pgCount=25&price=&size=&sort=

alison giese Interiors said...

I bought a bracelet with a similar vibe earlier this summer from Target - leather with brass brads. Still, if you go for it, I wanna seeeee!

bluehydrangea said...

A craft? count me in!!

EBro said...

Got one in Seaside a couple weeks ago. I will take you by Dazzle when you are in town if you want the quick version. See you soon!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Omg kathy this is soo old. bahahah j/k. We should have a bracelet making party and force our husbands to make us friendship bracelets while we sip martinis and throw hotdogs at them. Fun stuff. Think about it.

Interior Design Musings said...

I love the look of these. Sort of glam girl meets biker dude! Very cool - I think I need one for the fall! M.

birdsofafeatherdesign.com said...

How bout you make it and I'll buy it from you! I can't even seem to fold laundry these days! And the fact that you are supposed to feed your kids 3 times a day is really getting on my nerves!... Love the bracelet's though- if its easy report back to me and I might give it a whirl...
-Ann

Stephanie Sabbe said...

super cute. why do I never see Gisele around here? 3 years, no dice.

the fabric on the chairs is fabric.com...super cheap

nelya said...

Those are so cute! I love the ones with the brass chain. Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of free time, being an empty nester and all. Might just have to try these!

a perfect gray said...

crazy for these. and just read your comment on blue hydrangea. where did you go to school? app state? just wondering...donna

Kim said...

Love those! Did you try it? Off to check out the tutorial. If it looks easy, you know I'm a sucker and will try it. May wind up with a bagful of glass beads, but I love to "try."

Kim said...

Ok...just actually checked out the tutorial and I'm thinking BSD could TOTALLY make those FOR me. lol! He is much more talented working with knotting and things like that. I'm going to ask HIM to make me some. I'll let you know how it goes. hehe...