Monday, August 29, 2011

Crazy Good or Just Plain Crazy?

Before hitting the flea market on Friday, I stopped by a few estate sales. As usual, I had more luck at the one I just "happened" upon after seeing a sign on a street corner. I found nothing at the Flea Market. Nothing. Nada. I think I was just too hot and distracted. Oh well. On the way home, I hit a junk/antique store I had never been in before and found this . . .
Am I nuts for liking this? I've never seen anything like it, which I must admit was part of the allure. Of course, the Asian influence didn't hurt either, plus the bamboo/glass frame - so unique. It's a needlepoint piece which intrigued me even more. 
I think it would look great as the centerpiece of a room. I love the glass detail because it would allow your wall color to peek through and provide a contrast.
Needlepoint has experienced a resurgence in popularity lately in great part thanks to Jonathan Adler and his quirky and quaint needlepoint pillows that he uses throughout his interiors . . .



I love the homespun quality of needlepoint juxtaposed with modern patterns.

Some other little goodies I found at the aforementioned estate sale include an unframed oil or acrylic painting . . . 
Really like the colors in this one.
a framed piece of painted silk artwork . . . 

and lastly, a small mid-century bench which could use some new upholstery, but I love the shape.
All these pieces will make an appearance in the blogger Tag Sale (unless I decide to keep the stool for my son's room) we're hosting on October 1st. I know I keep teasing this, but I promise we'll be sharing more details soon (like the location and time) once details are hammered out. 

Hope everyone has a Happy Monday!

13 comments:

Rashon Carraway said...

I am totally feeling that Frame. Bamboo and glass...who knew!


Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

nelya said...

Duh, as usual, I am loving it all.

Ashley said...

Great finds, Kathy! And that bamboo floating glass frame--insane. Keep that one for yourself!

Melissa Crochet said...

You scored once again! I am crazy about oriental art. I'm about to head to the GW. I hope I have some of that same luck.

bluehydrangea said...

Loving it all! But then i do like me a little crazy sometimes...

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Crazy is good! Im not buying anymore stuff for the tag sale. I think i have plenty.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Very unique and very cool. It's pieces like this that "make" a space! Smart girl!

ModFruGal said...

Keep that needlepoint! It rocks! Tag Sale gathering is slowing down for me too..my basement is filling up!

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Love all your finds, but especially the oil and the stool!
Take care and good luck with your tag sale!
Lori
www.lorimayinteriors.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Love these rooms, especially the one with the chairs shaped as hands!!!

'Please visit our new website www.tableandtop.com'

Melissa Crochet said...

The painting is great. The console was a bust which is why it was priced so well. Oh well...win some lose some. Brandy is going out of town this weekend but maybe sometime next week we can plan to get together.

Full House said...

One of these days my dreams will come true and I will get to treasure hunt with one of bloglands best. You really do find such great items of business.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Dayum you are estate sale champion these days!
My empty wallet and full storage unit forced me to slow down my own personal shopping. Sad.

Looking forward to seeing your sale.