Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day . . . Really?!


Well, it's officially happened. The first snow of the season has arrived in my little corner of the Southeastern U.S., and everyone has gone (not surprisingly) a little crazy. My daughter's school was canceled last night . . . well before the first flake fluttered to the ground! I just find it laughable. People up north are digging out of frigid blizzards with inches if not feet and we're afraid to leave the house in mere centimeters.

While I don't think anyone is loving this prolonged arctic weather, it is peaceful to watch the snow quietly come down outside. Now I just need a cozy blanket, a good book, a roaring fire . . . and maybe a brandy alexander. That's my idea of the perfect snow day. What's yours?

5 comments:

arrione said...

Love the new blog Kathy...Very cool:)

Susan said...

Was this blog born out of frustration?? I expected to see/read your sage analysis of interior design but I suppose the title is a bit of a double entendre. Perfect snow day? All that and George Clooney..don't tell Jay.

My Interior Life said...

Thanks, Arrione. Susan, to answer your question, sort of. I've been thinking of doing a blog for a while now. And I do plan on doing more of an interior design slant, but for the first post, I thought I'd keep it simple. Glad you got my double entendre! And don't worry, I think Jay already knows about about your Clooney obsession.

Jay said...

Nope. No idea what you're talking about ...

Matt McGee said...

+1 for inspired. I would go so far as to say that I like it better than the shield back chairs in the dining room...