Wednesday, January 20, 2010

You Zig and I'll Zag

Confession: I love zigzags.


Some refer to it as a chevron pattern (chevron is basically a fancy term for the "V" shape).

Whatever you call it, I like it. And would like some in my home please.


I'm loving these Schumacher chevron pillows from Plum Cushion on Etsy.

But where, oh where, should I put them? I'm thinking my bedroom could use some sprucing.
 
These throws are a little out of my price range, but I do think their fun colors would add a bit of spark to any interior.


Or maybe a rug could fill my zigzag void? This one from West Elm fits the bill.



A gratuitous shot of the Schumacher chevron fabric on the club chairs by the fireplace.

So what do you think? Do you love zigzags as much as I do, or do they just remind you of this poor guy?


Photos: Revival Home and Garden, Madeline Weinrib, Plum Cushion, Unica Home, West Elm, Elle Decor and Photobucket.

8 comments:

Matt McGee said...

i like the throws and charlie brown...

arrione said...

V-riffic!!

Icchic said...

Must tell you that I love your BLOG!! My home can be described as "early college dorm"...which is ok for us but doesn't stop my love of style!! Keep on blogging Kathy!! LOVE IT!!

My Interior Life said...

Thanks, Sharon and Arrione! I appreciate the support. And Matt, if you like the throws, you know my birthday is coming up in 4 short months. You can save up!

Susan said...

Ditto on the throws and Charlie Brown. My favorite use of the chevron is in hardwood floors. It is soooo old world, so French and you know moi..... J'adore toutes les choses francaises!

Susan said...

Oh, Matt maybe if you buy the throws in bulk they'll give you a discount. I am partial to the orange or green.

My Interior Life said...

Ha, ha. Nice try, Suze. Ooh, I'll have to look for some chevron floors. The gauntlet is thrown!

Matt said...

My favorite chevron is the chevron manta ray. : ). I like the green and orange too Susan.