Thursday, January 21, 2010

California Dreamin' . . .

I don't know about you, but the weather is getting me down. First we had the arctic blast a couple of weeks ago, now there are tornadoes in the forecast. And the utter and complete devastation in Haiti is horrific and almost unimaginable.

At times like these, I could use some diversions. 



 Ornamental fruit tree blossoms from blogger Slim Paley's Southern 
California garden before the floods came.


 Recognize this? It's the kitchen of Nora Walker (Sally Field) from the show 
Brothers and Sisters (set in Cali and filmed there).

Namely pretty pictures. Delicate flowers, interesting art, beautiful interiors. Some of my favorites at the moment come from sunny California. Of course, California is flooding right now . . . another victim of Mother Nature. What the @!#!@$?!!





California interior designer Katie Leede's work. Just pretty. Ahh.

What are you dreaming of on such a winter's day?

Photos: Slim Paley, Subzero.com and digsbykatie.com

4 comments:

Susan said...

So bright, so airy! How can you not be happy when you look at interiors like these. How do they pull off those white walls and still feel alive?

My Interior Life said...

I think it's the natural light streaming in that allows Californians to get away with white walls. I'm afraid in my house it would just look like I forgot to paint.

Matt said...

You know winter doesn't exactly get me down. I like the cold because it makes it necessary to bundle up and get warm by a fire. Yes, that's what I'm dreaming of... bundling up and getting warm by a fire wit hsnow falling outside...

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, I realize this post is a year old, but it's what brought me to your lovely blog. I was looking for that kitchen :) I have a food blog that I'm incorporating some design elements into. I will definitely be following your blog from now on!
Thank you!
Marina in Santa Barbara, CA
www.YummyMummyKitchen.com