Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Anatomy of a Disaster

I know I've posted about the flood here in Nashville before, but there's nothing more telling than seeing the devastation from the vantage point of someone who's experienced it personally.
A few weeks ago, I "blog met" a sweet, talented girl named Stephanie Sabbe who is an interior designer in Boston. She commented on a post I wrote about treasures I had found while shopping in Nashville. After exchanging emails, I found out that she grew up here and we went to the same college (albeit 10 years apart. Man, do I feel old?). Fast forward a few weeks, and it turns out her mother's house is one of the hundreds that was destroyed by this flood. Her photos and account really drive home the reality of this tragedy. Please give it a read

1 comment:

Marija said...

I was so moved by Stephanie's post. Glad you posted about it ... I really do believe every little bit helps.