Monday, October 4, 2010

The Week in Review

Life with a new puppy can be exhausting, but this past week has mainly been heartbreaking. Our sweet puppy Piper got violently sick on Tuesday evening so my husband rushed her to the after-hours emergency vet. She was diagnosed with parvo, a severe gastrointestinal virus that can afflict puppies. The bad news is that she spent Tuesday through Saturday at the vet's office. The good news is that our prayers were answered, and she got to come home last night . . . thank God!

Now, that I know that she is recovering, I can share some other things I experienced over the past week. Last Sunday, I got the opportunity to hit the Whitland Neighborhood Home Tour. Whitland is one of Nashville's oldest neighborhoods established in 1910 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007. 
One of my favorite homes was this one on Carden Avenue - a new home built to blend in with the older homes in the neighborhood.
 Love these dark gray built-in bookshelves.

 The open floor plan with dark hardwoods was very inviting.

 And the piece de resistance - this fabulous screened-in porch. That view, that lighting, that gabled ceiling. All good.

 I also loved the orange and blue combination they had going on. Wish I could have snuck out with that wingback chair!

Also, the peaceful bedroom. I loved the art throughout the house. It's hard to see but there's a very unique landscape photo of an old beautiful tree above the bed.

In other news . .
Pierce lost his first tooth this week. The funny thing? We have no idea where it went. We assume he swallowed it. No worries, the tooth fairy came anyway . . . of course. 

And later in the week, I got the chance to stop by my friends and neighbors' new shop called The Perfect Setting on Hillsboro Road in the Grassland area of Franklin. They have some great things - antiques, new pieces, consignment furniture and wonderful gift items. Of course, they are not new to retail already owning the Antiques at the Factory in downtown Franklin. As a bonus, they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. So you should stop in and see all the goodies "Mrs. Sheri" and "Mr. Chuck" (as my children call them) have in store.

Gray leather, yum.

A cool modern take on the barrel chair.

Yet another chair I covet. Okay, so I have a thing for chairs.

And I LOVE this mirror. Two people put it on hold. It's okay, she can order more.

We're all glad our puppy is home. Now, I'm concentrating on some projects around the house. Stay tuned.

No comments: