Thursday, June 13, 2013

Random Nuggets of Summer

Just checking in. As you may have gathered, I'm on full-time mom/summer duty which means a lot less interior design material unfortunately. I still have tons of ideas and projects percolating in my head, just not as much free time to develop them into blog posts. So, thank you for bearing with me. Here's a shot from our Disney vacation from which I now need a vacation . . .
Disney is truly magical, but truly exhausting. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed some different aspects now that the kids are older. For one, I think they appreciated Epcot more which is a sure sign of maturity. But the teacups will always be a favorite of the kids no matter how old they get.


In other news, sadly, I have uncovered no great fixes to the missing embedded Pinterest photo mystery. As one Blogger message board guy responded, I basically had "hot-linked" to these photos (which to me sounded like I had done something illegal like hot-wiring a car) which is "a very bad idea because if that external site ever goes offline, changes their name, moves their files or renames their images then ALL your images that you have hotlinked will be broken. Pinterest has obviously moved their internal location of the photos which is why they are broken." Great. I assumed as much. I'm really just aggravated with Pinterest for changing something internally that messed up all my hot links. Why even have an "Embed" button? Live and learn. I guess I'll just have to go back and fix my old blog posts as I have time (because I always have a ton of free time to do fun things like that).

And just to prove that I know how to post photos properly now and really do blog about interior design stuff, I'll leave you with a favorite photo from the Moroccan home of Bruno Frisoni and Hervé Van der Straeten featured in the latest Vogue . . .


I hope everyone's enjoying their summer thus far. Now, we're off to Memphis to visit my family and help my parents sift through and pare down 30 years of stuff in preparation for their move to a new home. Wish me luck . . . I will need it.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Enjoy the summer with your family, Kathy! It seems to be the time when most people step away from the computer to actually "live" and do things like pack parents up after 30 years (good luck with that, btw).

Melissa Crochet said...

Good luck with that is right! Enjoy the summer and hopefully we will see each other at the flea.

Raina Cox said...

I moved the parents three years ago and am still recovering. Best of luck with that. There's an all-night liquor store in walking distance, right?

Also, you are a better woman than me for spending any appreciable time in middle Florida in June.

bluehydrangea said...

Love the family photo from Disney!! And so sorry about you pins!! You always pin the best images.

game man said...

following you

addicting games alayina gider

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

good luck with the summer and family... thanks for leaving us with that bathroom pic -LOVE the horizontal tile.

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Trip looks great especially for the kids. So what is the correct way to post pics?

Anonymous said...

Oh my, visiting Disneyland is certainly a must! It’s everybody’s dream actually. It’s really nice to know that you and your family spent quality bonding time together. My kids and I are likewise planning for re-visit in that magical place. We hope to see you there, too! Anyway, have a wonderful day!

Please visit My Webblog: Professional Doctorate