Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Resurrection

I'm going so many different directions and have lots of things floating around in my head, it's hard for me to focus right now (hello, ADD?). First resurrection. Not Jesus. Not Night of the Living Dead. No, I'm talking flowers, specifically cut hydrangea. This may seem random, but I've had questions about this. We've all had this sad situation occur . . .
This happened to me just one day after I bought this little grocery store arrangement. Uggh. What to do? First, take a little snip off the bottom then submerge the whole thing - stem, blooms and all - in lukewarm water.
Give it at least half an hour, come back and this is what happens.
Voila! Like magic, it's back to life. Now, I've only tried this with hydrangea so it may not work with other blooms, but just thought I would pass along the information.
And here it is back in its little fall arrangement.

Now, on to Halloween tomorrow. In our neck of the woods (as Al Roker is so fond of saying), it is supposed to be horrific weather - not just rain, we're talking severe weather like oh, I don't know hail, straight-line winds and possible tornadoes. Awesome. So, some neighborhoods/communities are trying to postpone trick-or-treating until Friday. I hope this catches on as I don't want to die (or even get wet really) for the sake of my kids getting candy.  My son decided to be an ICEE - yes, a sweet, syrupy beverage basically. He's an original. So, of course, this required a homemade costume, and I am SO not crafty. People mistakenly think I am because I'm creative in other ways, but arts and crafts are just not my thing. Here's the costume so far (not totally done yet) . . .

Luckily, my daughter's costume just required me to order some things online. And speaking of ordering things online (since this post is so random, why not just totally go off the rails), Madewell is having a little one day sale today (30% off select styles), and there are a few things I'm quite taken with . . .
 This skinny metal bow belt . . . I don't know why.  

And this sweater . . .
 
Now if I could just be as cool looking in leather pants, I would totally rock this look. I even like the model's hair. I'm getting my haircut this afternoon. Hmm.

And last but not least, I ordered this tote from Madewell a while back and get quite a few compliments on it . . . 


Of course, it's not on sale (I used a coupon I had on mine) but still not a bad price. I love it - lots of space and pocket for my keys and phone. You can even have it monogrammed if you're so inclined.

I apologize for what was probably the most random post ever, but I wish everyone a safe and happy Halloween!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hydrangea trick! I may need to use it in the future!

therelishedroost said...

Where were you this summer when I needed you, I had a huge arrangement that just wilted as the party progressed!! It looked so sad, I am so happy to learn this trick-Thank you!

Raina Cox said...

I'm with the hydrnagea - who doesn't love 30 minutes in a warm bath?

And I think you have may-juh DIY skillz! That Icee costume is amazing.

Ashley said...

An Icee? Oh my god, please show us pictures of him in the costume. Just adorable.

bluehydrangea said...

Girl, you are officially crafty!! That costume is awesome!! And so is your flower tip...Happy Halloween!!

A Perfect Gray said...

i can NOT believe the hydrangea trick. and that costume? amazing.

House Envy said...

That is crazy!! I never knew that! Im def gonna try that. Where are you?! We have crazy horrific storms too and they did postpone it till Friday in my city! Crazy!

Courtney @PrettyCheap said...

don't apologize, I LOVE the random post! although posting that bag may have been dangerous to me..hahaha thanks for sharing! :)
-courtney

Melissa Crochet said...

Your brain clearly works like mine...love the random and the flower tip.

Unknown said...

I knew a garden hydrangea would perk up with a thorough watering but I didn't know you could revive cut hydrangeas like that. And I'm glad I know now. Hope you guys had a safe Halloween outing. We had ours last night. Happy weekend, Kathy!!

SHERRY HART said...

I have been totally lusting after that Madewell tote. I should have gotten it when my niece worked there.....
That little hydrangea tip is just what I needed. It has happened to me so many times I stopped buying them!

charmaine said...

I'm definitely going to try the hydrangea trick. Love the icee costume!

Entertaining Game Channel said...

This is Very very nice article. Everyone should read. Thanks for sharing. Don't miss WORLD'S BEST CarGame

Mark lee said...

I really love the flower! but now the way you wash LOL


Natural Gas Furnace

David More said...

Thanks for the trick! this is very helpful


Box-n-Go Storage in Long Beach CA