Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hitting the Highlights

Whew. My blogging muscles are a little out of shape, but I just wanted to pop in to share some holiday happenings around here. First of all, my Pop-Up Shop was a great success. Thank you to everyone who braved the nasty, rainy weather to come and shop! I moved some merchandise and met some new people which is always great fun. I still have some "smalls" left, so I'm thinking of starting an Etsy shop or some such option after the first of the year.

Here are some peeks of Christmas around my house (if you follow me on Instagram - where I spend a lot of my time lately - you've already seen a lot of these) . . .







Every year, my decor changes ever so slightly. This year we got a bigger tree and put it in a different spot (next to our fireplace). Our family's ornaments are already so colorful so when I saw the felt garland at Walgreen's (yes, Walgreen's - I'm so highbrow), it seemed like a no-brainer. Also, since the tree is so close to our mantel, I went with less greenery this year (I usually do a full garland of fresh greenery) and instead opted for a gold dot garland (I painted some Mara Mi garland from Target gold -  I found mismatched ones at Goodwill for $1. Gotta improvise, people). I also threw in some gold feather ornaments from Hobby Lobby and some bronze urchin-looking ornaments as well. As always, I love to see Christmas cards from friends and family first thing when I walk in, so I stash them on mirrors and greenery within the house.  Speaking of Christmas cards, mine will be going out soon, I promise. 

Oh, and here's a little Rockin Around the Christmas Tree to get you in the Christmas spirit from none other than our talented daughter Meg at her piano recital Sunday. So proud of her!

meg from Kathy McGee on Vimeo.




10 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Your tree is one of my favorites. Walgreens, who knew?! And thanks for sharing the video, she did a great job!

Melissa Crochet said...

I understand about blog slacking...it's so hard this time of year! Your home looks wonderful and that view is killer!

therelishedroost said...

TOO cute you daughter is a talent! Love the front entry way decor!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Loved the tour and am still listening to Meg. She is good!! Your front door is stunning.

Raina Cox said...

Artistic talent runs deep in your family.

Ashley said...

I can't decide what to comment first about: Meg's talent, your Christmas tree or the return of those gorgeous chairs in your living room. As the song goes: it's all too beautiful.

P.S. Walgreen's? Who knew?

Unknown said...

Best post I've seen today! I am so glad to hear the pop-up shop was a success - even though I knew it would be. I love those sweet barrel chairs in front of the French doors. Did you move something out to make room for them? And finally, congrats to your beautiful talented daughter! Merry Christmas, Kathy!!

xo

Kim

Unknown said...

It's great to see a blog of this quality. I learned a lot of new things and I'm looking forward to see more like this. Thank you. Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year. gifts-ideas-for-christmas

Unknown said...

I am loving your decor, most especially your front entrance - all the greenery is stunning!

Unknown said...

You definitely know how to make your home beautiful, warm, and inviting. I love the decors that you have there. Now, I wonder about the kind of setup you have for your living room this 2014. I bet you also prepared to give your home a new vibe this New Year! Well, that’s awesome for sure!

Frances Herrera @ FrancesHerrera.com