Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Opinions, Please

Two posts in two days. Crazy. Anyway, I'm looking for a little input here. I've narrowed down my fabric choices for this stool that's going in my office . . .
Here's the loveseat and a new piece of art I made to go over the loveseat . . . 

There is a lot of blue in the sofa with hints of some raspberry/purple, so I pulled that into the painting. For the little stool, I would like to add the raspberry color to inject that into the room a bit more. Since the stool is tee-tiny, I found some designer fabric options that are a little pricey usually but for such a small piece are rather affordable.

First, David Hicks' La Fiorentina by Groundworks for Lee Jofa in the wine and magenta colorway:
I've always loved this fabric and wanted some in my home somewhere. I don't have a swatch of it, but think the color would work in the office really well. However, I'm not sure much of the design will show because the circular stool is only about 16 inches in diameter.

Next, Les Touches by Brunschwig & Fils in a new colorway of cherry over purple . . . 

I've always loved Les Touches in other colors and had not seen this one before. I think it would work as well and like its neutral background in case the stool moves to another room some day (which knowing me it will). Uggh, decisions. I'm actually leaning in one direction, but wanted to get some different opinions. I felt better about my indecisiveness when I watched Million Dollar Decorators and saw that Mary McDonald was struggling with decisions for her own home as well.

What do you think? Which would you choose?

15 comments:

charmaine said...

I think the les touches would work well with the sofa and rug. Both are gorgeous though!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

This is a good problem to have. At first I thought I was going La Fiorentina, but if the stool is going to be placed close to the sofa, then I would go with Les Touches. If the stool is going over by the desk or fab credenza, I'm swinging back over to La Fiorentina. Confused?

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

PS Make me a painting

Heather Peterson said...

I think fiorentina. (but yes, check the repeat scale). The stronger geometric is a better balance to the movement in the sofa, and with the off-whites in the rug and carpet (and canvas), more of a solid raspberry effect feels better to me.

But really, you can't go wrong! Love that little stool!

therelishedroost said...

La fiorentina definitely, even if the repeat is large that deep color with all the light accents you have in the room will look very sharp!!
www.therelishedroost.blogspot.com is having an Arteriors Home candle holder give away!
Thanks Karolyn

Raina Cox said...

Les Touches!

Tiffany Leigh said...

I vote La Fiorentina too! I this the strong geometric will play well with your floraly sofa.

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Hicks always! - Brandy

Merrybe said...

La Fiorentina, no matter the scale ... the stool deserves the impact of the solid but interesting raspberry effect ... the other might get lost in the shuffle, whether to another room or anywhere it is placed in the current venue! It's a jewel of a stool ...

SHERRY HART said...

Well you should be sufficiently confused by now...but I will throw my 2 cents in and say La Fiorentina. I like the dark background since the fabric on the sofa has a light background.

Interior Design Musings said...

completely love both - not sure I could choose! M.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

im going to hae to go with La Fiorentina! its my personal fave and i think it will pull the good wine and raspberry colors out of both sofa and art. good luck!!

Unknown said...

La Fiorintina (I can't believe I just said that, I noticed Hooper said the same thing...hmmm, we usually don't do that! Ha!) I don't think you can go wrong with either though. Merry! Merry!...
-Ann (birdsofafeatherdesign.com)

Kim @ Home Love and Wanderlust said...

Ooh...I've never seen Les Touches in that colorway. I really love it. That said, I would go for La Fiorentina for your stool. Both the bold color and the geometric pattern would work well with the other prints you have.

Amal -- Sybaritic Spaces said...

Les touches is a classic :)

Danika Herrick said...

Love the painting girl! You work fast!
I can't decide either, I really think either one will look amazing!
Here is to a Happy 2013!!
xoDanika