Thursday, December 20, 2012

Project Redesign

Hello, all. Obviously, I haven't blogged in over a week. I know everyone deals with things differently, but honestly I couldn't bring myself to talk about fabric in the face of such unspeakable tragedy. I was actually working on a very worthwhile project last Friday when I got the news, so I thought I would focus on sharing that with you today.

Project Redesign is a wonderful program in Nashville that provides room makeovers for low-income families and interior redesigns for community centers and other non-profit organizations. On Friday, I got the opportunity to work with an amazing group of volunteers to make one single mother's apartment a home. I'll let the photos do the talking . . .

Here is the living room before . . .
and after . . . 


The 6-year-old daughter's room before . . . 
And after . . . 
I mainly helped with the girl's room so I'm very fond of it. 

And, the little boy's room before . . . 
And after . . . 

It was such an amazing experience, and I'm so glad I got the chance to help and meet an extraordinary group of dedicated women who make it all possible. 
All photos courtesy of Suzanne Snyder, Project Redesign.

If you're interested in contributing to Project Redesign or would like more information, please visit their website.

9 comments:

EBro said...

Love ;-)

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

You all did an amazing job, Kathy. And it's so much more than decorating, feeling good in your home makes you feel good inside! Merry Christmas!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Very cool Kathy. I would love to be involved next time. You are such a nice, wonderful, giving person. I'm so glad we became friends this year! - Brandy

charmaine said...

It must have been nice working for a good cause and doing what you love at the same time. Wish I lived closer so I can join you and Brandy.
Have a Merry Christmas Kathy!

MFAMB said...

well done.

xo

Kim @ Home Love and Wanderlust said...

That's so great! I'll have to check them out. I'd love to be involved in something like that.
Kim

Amal -- Sybaritic Spaces said...

This is so heartwarming -- and I am sure it was gratifying to you that all your hard work was so appreciated. You all did a lovely job. : ) Amal

therelishedroost said...

What a beautiful idea , I wish they had something like that around here! You did such a lovely job and I am sure they were so thrilled and grateful!
Have a wonderful New Year! xo Karolyn

SHERRY HART said...

Great project Kathy.....Doesn't it feel good do do something like that :)